Sydney night noodle markets & Olivia's birthday

27/10/2013

Nightnoodlemarkets
To celebrate my friend's birthday, we decided to go the Night Noodle Markets organised by Sydney's Good Food Month.


Ricenoodleswithturmicgingerandcoconut

I couldn't get over what Olivia ate, it was really good rice noodles that was submerged with this yummy yummy sauce. It had turmeric, ginger and coconut. I got myself some rice paper rolls that were average, it was a chicken one and to be honest; I should have stuck to the classic prawn rice paper rolls because mine was boring.

What was an interesting observation we had at the markets while we were sussing out the stalls (I like to tactically make a round before settling) that it lacked 'noodles'. There were plenty of dumplings, dim sim's and everything else - but no glorious oily long-ass noodles!! Well not enough in my opinion to be called a 'noodle market'.
ricepaperrolls
My lack lust worthy rice paper rolls
foodstallsatnightnoodlemarketsfairylights 
lanternlights

After our early dinner we headed to the Golden Age Cinema to watch Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine. We returned to the markets to chill out under some fairy lights. We had some Swedish cider called Rekorderlig and let me tell you we enjoyed the passion fruit cider immensely as well as strawberry and lime YUM! Two or three cider's later the munchies were calling and we grabbed some hokkien noodles and it was too good to stop and take a photo. So I give you myself in animated gif as a compromise.

 

It was a good evening out - good food with good friends makes a very, very good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs