Something 4 Jess

17/07/2013


Something-for-jess

Something for Jess is one of my most favourite cafes in Sydney. It has a seasonal menu that bring's hearty meals onto the table, read my quick review of Something for Jess.


My rad girlfriend Laura and I headed out to the city, to check out the latest exhibition: Smash Palace at the White Rabbit Gallery. We planned to go to the  cafe called "Something for Jess" because it was nearby. This cafe is very intimate and cozy, with most of their furniture and crockery donated by their friends.

We first ordered our drinks which was chai tea, this particular brew is made by their friend who lives in the Blue Mountain's. This chai is infused with honey and peppercorns and other spices. We felt that it was a little too lukewarm and sweet for our liking (we didn't taste much if the spice). At "Something for Jess" their menu changes seasonally, whilst they serves fresh sandwiches ready to take. Laura decided to try the homemade toasted museli that had a generous serving of pear, blood orange, strawberries and purple grapes (Laura enjoyed it immensely). I decided on the pulled duck sandwich probably because I walked in and all I could smell was duck. It was delicious and fulfilling sandwich. Although I wished I spread the cream and chilli more evenly throughout my bread (there were times it became too hot from the chilli). But overall it was a nice lunch date at "Something for Jess", we really liked the nice cozy atmosphere.



 
site design by designer blogs