Splendour Blues

29/07/2014

I have the case of post-splendour blues.

Can I please go back? Go back to listening to music and enjoying drinks in the sun with friends?

Splendour in the Grass is one of the best music festivals I have been too. It was my first experience with music camping festivals and I absolutely love it. Disconnected from technology, disconnected with reality – it is just good vibes all round. We were also really lucky with the weather – super hot during the day but super cold at night. But that was ok because unlike other one-day music festivals you can go back to your tent and get changed. Lets you get to wear at least six different outfits if you are into that. The major highlight for me at Splendour in the Grass was of course seeing Outkast live. It was their first and (probably) last time they will tour in Australia. Andre 3000 and Big Boi have this charismatic undeniable connection, which is apparent in the ability to just flow off from one another when they spit. They played their major hits but also their songs from the very humble beginnings. They played my favourites: Ms. Jackson, GhettoMusick, Spottieottiedopaliscious and Prototype. You can watch this documentary on Youtube to gain a greater understanding of this legendary duo.





If you can I really encourage you to go to Splendour in the Grass it really is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs